Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Saints Aren't Dead

From the Sounding on the Orthodox Christian Network...


Yesterday I read a comment to a blog post stating that the saints are dead and we only have to pray to God.  Well. the saint's aren't dead, but not only that, they are making their presence known.  



Oil from Icon Is a Sign of Saint’s Presence

 I don’t normally get my news from facebook, but recently a friend posted about a miracle icon in Homer Glen, Illinois and I was thrilled!  I called the Assumption Greek Orthodox Church right away and spoke with Fr. Sam (Sotirios) Dimitriou.  He said the oil has been on the icon of St. John the Baptist since mid- July, but recently there was more activity.  The icon is on the iconostasis, the icon screen that separates the altar from the nave.  (Keep Reading...)

No comments: