- First I want to be sure there aren't any pebbles in the beans, so I pour them onto a plate and search through the dried beans. I use 1/2 a bag of beans (because he's the only one who will really eat this.)
- I pour them into a bowl, rinse them with cool water and put into a crock pot.
- I turn on the crock pot on HIGH and add:
- 1 can tomato sauce (or one small can tomato paste)
- 2 cans vegetable broth (Lately I buy the box of broth and measure it out in the tomato can.)
- chopped vegetables: 2 carrots, 2 celery stalks and 1/2 onion.
|Add seasoning to taste... but add salt towards the end. The vegetable broth has plenty of sodium.|