Thursday, April 11, 2013

Toss Up a Pasta and Shrimp Salad

This evening I was tired by dinner time and hunger was creeping in.  I knew my son had been snacking all afternoon so I wasn't worried about what he was going to like and I took a risk.  I threw together this Pasta and Shrimp Salad.

Yes, I am off track with my menu plan.  I have been distracted with the card business and laundry... I don't even know what I was supposed to cook for today.  So glad I had my basic GO TO's on hand.  Elbow Macaroni, frozen shrimp, garden veggies. 


I boiled 1/2 a pound of elbow macaroni for 5 minutes in salted water.  I added ground turmeric, garlic and @ 10 shrimp (which I cut in thirds or half to stretch the portion) to the boiling water and cooked the shrimp.


After I drained the pasta, I cooled it off a bit and then added

Finely chopped:
  • 4 green onions (wish I had red onions)
  • fresh parsley (cilantro would have also worked)
  • 3 celery stalks
  • 1/2 seedless cucumber
  • 1/2 c (well drained) crushed pineapple (wish I had chunks)
  • a shredded carrot 
  • (grapes might have gone well in this dish too)

I poured 1/2 c of Asian salad dressing and tossed, as in mixed- not threw away.  It needed more salt so I included a dash of soy sauce.  


 
 
 
 
It was pretty good, if I have to say so myself.  Actually, I do since I was the only one who ate it.  If you try this recipe, you'll have to let me know how you like it. 

No comments: