Saturday, April 06, 2013

Live blog- Lenten Pancakes.

It's Saturday morning. I'm tired and hungry and I want pancakes!!! This is going to be a sink or swim live post... meaning I will post even if they flop.

I'm experimenting with banana and almond milk as substitutes. I'm mixing 2 bananas and 1/2 c almond milk.

After 1 c pancake mix. (I use a combination of Bisquick and Aunt Jemima) you can see in picture #2, it's too thick. Hmmm, more milk!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Because of the quantity I want to cook, I will add 1c more almond milk and 1/2 c more pancake mix.

Looks great!

 
 
 
 
Still need to add 1T vegetable oil so it doesn't stick to the pan. And adding a few shakes of pumpkin spice.
 
 
 
 
 
Time to heat the pan! This is my Orgreenic! It worked great at first  when I got it for Christmas, but since I baked something in the oven, it sticks a bit.
 
 
 
 
 
My first attempt. :(. Needed more oil on the pan.
 

 
 
 
 
Second try.  Nope! Orgreenic bad!!! Need to return it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Third try. Different pan.
 
 
 
 
 
Still sticks but not as bad. Looks much better. But very gooey.

 
 
 
 It's time to figure out if I'm eating pancakes or cereal for breakfast.


 




 
Looks like I'll be eating cereal and calling my vegan cousins to get some tips. I'll follow up soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your sister in Dayton, Maria, posted a link on our Parish FB page to your blog. Like! you're helping me get some ideas for our meals! Thanks! Anyway, I have a couple of vegan cooking resources I use that have helped a lot with Lenten cooking. So I pass this to you for what it's worth:

http://www.theppk.com/2011/12/puffy-pillow-pancakes/print/

I hope you sort out your sticky pan, and you get the pancakes you're looking for. Laura.

Vassi said...

Thanks! I can't wait ti try the pancakes again!