Saturday, April 13, 2013

Easy Way to Prep Herbs.

I have the hardest time keeping herbs fresh. Unless I plan to do a ton of cooking my parsley, mint and/or cilantro usually rot in the fridge.

What to do? I'll tell you what to do!

I've been wanting to do this for a while...


I washed the parsley, gave it a whirl in my food processor, put it in a plastic bag with some water and placed it in the freezer.

Now when I need a touch of parsley for a soup or sauté I can just go to the freezer and break a piece off.

Doesn't need to be said but just in case... Be sure to label your bags if you plan on doing this with mint and cilantro.







 
 
UPDATE: 
IMPORTANT NOTE:
This is better to freeze chopped parsley in an ice cube tray and then you can put the frozen cubes in a freezer bag or use a bigger bag and make a thin layer.  I had a hard time breaking off a piece of parsley from the chunk in the bag. 

3 comments:

Brittany Kearns said...

I've also heard a good idea of freezing the herbs in a little bit of water in an ice cube tray then bagging the ice cubes.

Vassi said...

Yes. Thanks.

Vassi said...

If I do this again I will make the frozen parsley a thinner layer or use an icecube tray. it's so hard to break off a piece.