Thursday, April 04, 2013

My Busy-ness is My Business

I like to keep busy.  I don't know if it's a normal busy.  Most people go to jobs and know how much busy-ness is expected of them.  I've been a mom for almost 10 years and haven't worked outside of the home since our son was one, and in the past nine years, as his level of independence continues to gain momentum, I am at a loss of the amount of busy-ness I need to have peace.  It is a balance I have yet mastered. I doubt I ever will. 
 
Part of what keeps me busy is my card business, V's Cardbox.  You can find my website at www.vscardbox.com I use my own photographs and add quotes and thoughts to them.  The cards are based on Orthodox Christian themes, not because there is a high demand or market for these items but because there is a vacancy.  There is an emptiness of an Orthodox voice in the world.  It's such a subtle voice, a whisper of sorts, that calls out how we are to relate to God and one another.  And it's the nuance of this whisper that inspires me to do what I can to let it ring loud and true. 
 
I used to keep busy with Youth Ministry.  Those were some fun years.  I was much bolder then.  Now I find my medium to be the internet, with this blog and my cards and my cooking.  It's funny how time and life change things.
 
I hope you enjoy some of my pictures below... many are currently available online, others are coming available soon to our online store http://shop.vscardbox.com/ 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 









 
 
 




 

No comments: