Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Tuna Like Lamb, Yes, I Said "Tuna Like Lamb."

Tuna like Lamb is a great sauce you can make with potatoes, like I am featuring below, or to serve over rice or even pasta.  I've done all three and love it every time.

 




 
I start with a large pan I can also put in the oven.  You can use any pan and transfer to a baking dish.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Sauté sliced onions (cut onion in half and then slice), chopped celery and 4 garlic cloves in olive oil, salt, and cook till transparent.




  • Add
    • 1c red or white wine,
    • 1 can tomato sauce, 
    • 2c vegetable broth,
    • 1 large can of chunk white ALBACORE tuna,
    • a dash of balsamic vinegar,
    • 1 bay leaf,
    • lemon juice,
    • salt and pepper to taste. 

  • Heat to a boil.



 


  • Add 8 potatoes, cut in half and then in large chunks and bake covered for 40 min at 375 degrees  (You can use a smaller can of tuna, 1 c vegetable broth and 5 potatoes.)




Instead of potatoes, you can also simmer for 20 minutes and serve over pasta or rice.

Just sauce

 
 





1 comment:

Liz said...

Interesting combination. I'll give it a try. Blessings of Holy Week to you. Love, Liz