Yes, you counted correctly! Only two weeks left. How is it going? Are you ready for the big day? Have you prepared? Have you fasted? Have you shown charity? Have you gone to any of the special services? Or do your days look the same as any other week in the year?
What are you waiting for?
We fast, pray and show charity not only because our Lord has called us, (which just doesn't seem like good enough reason for some people) but because it works to aid us in spiritual growth. How do we know it will help? Holy men and women throughout the CENTURIES, have witnessed to this. They have written and instructed to this fact. If you are striving to live a holy life, one set apart that pleases God, then you would be smart to follow the path of other who have paved the way.
- If anyone has wearied themselves in fasting, let them now receive recompense.
- If anyone has arrived at the sixth hour, let them have no misgivings; for they shall suffer no loss.
- If anyone has delayed until the ninth hour, let them draw near without hesitation.
- If anyone has arrived even at the eleventh hour, let them not fear on account of tardiness.
- He both honors the work and praises the intention.
For those of you who were in at the first hour, do you see the end approaching? Do you remember as in years past that joy and salvation is coming closer now than ever before. Stay in the race. Don't give up now.
Soon we will be cracking red eggs and shouting, "Christ is risen!" Soon this holy season will be over.