Monday, April 21, 2014

Christ is Risen!



Christ is risen~!

As we rest and put things back in their place, and get back to normal...   I remember the advice a friend gave me as I was moving away from home for the first time.   "Nothing is ever the same after you leave." These words encouraged me as I was far from home, knowing that what I was missing was no longer there.  I was being changed by my new experiences and they were being changed in a different direction by experiences we no longer shared.

I pray that you find a new normal, having been changed by the preparation of Holy and Great Lent.  I pray that as you settle back into your routines you are finding things need to be adjusted.  You might no longer be entertained by the same TV shows or radio stations.  Maybe you are finding life a little too loud and demanding of your attention.   You might even be missing the peace of the worship services.

Christ is risen!  Life is new! 


Galatians 4 (1-7)
 Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all,  but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father.  Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world.  But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,  to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
 
And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”  Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

No comments: