When my grill master is too busy to grill, I like to make this rendition based on my mom's fish plaki for company.
- Sauté the onions and add celery, mushrooms and 4 smashed garlic cloves.
- When they are soft and translucent, pour 2 cups vegetable broth instead of tomato sauce.
- After it boils, pour in diluted cornstarch. I like to put 2 T of cornstarch into a small jar with 1/2 cup warm water. I close the lid and shake vigorously. Then I have a clump-free liquid to thicken my broth.
- Stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fish and close lid. Let steam for 5-10 minutes.
- It's delicious, cooks on the stove, and reheats well.
- Serve with pasta, rice, roasted potatoes... or a side salad. It's yummy!