Saturday, June 20, 2015

Fish on a Hot day

It seems absurd to write that it is hard to be inspired by fasting foods on hot days, but it's just too hot for soups and pasta.  And who wants to heat the house with the oven.

When my grill master is too busy to grill, I like to make this rendition based on my mom's fish plaki for company. 

  • Sauté the onions and add celery, mushrooms and 4 smashed garlic cloves. 

  • When they are soft and translucent, pour 2 cups vegetable broth instead of tomato sauce.

  • After it boils, pour in diluted cornstarch. I like to put 2 T of cornstarch into a small jar with 1/2 cup warm water.  I close the lid and shake vigorously.  Then I have a clump-free liquid to thicken my broth.

  • Stir.  Simmer for 5 minutes. 

  • Add fish and close lid.  Let steam for 5-10 minutes. 

  • It's delicious, cooks on the stove, and reheats well. 

  • Serve with pasta, rice, roasted potatoes... or a side salad.  It's yummy!

No comments: