Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Make Over Time... all across the board.

It is a little late for Spring Cleaning but I have had my own little awakening lately and it's time for change. 



There are things I do, habits that have imprisoned me and thought processes that haven't been nice.  And I am finding myself beginning another summer (a great cyclical marker) where I am not in the "place" I hoped to be by now.  So many things I thought I'd accomplish over the past year have slipped though my fingers and here I am.. the same as last year: same size, same hair cut, same routine, same excuses.  So today I have made a decision.... It's time for a makeover.  My business and blog are no exception as they are a reflection of me (note the new layout.)

How did all this happen?  I think the root of my problem is that although I hate failure (not using the word lightly) I had forgotten to just get up instead of not try at all.  And yes, I hear you all cheering as I type and you read!  "Way to go, Vassi!"  I'm even saying it myself. 

I'm not going to belabor the point.  I am going to move forward.  And I would like to thank anyone who has been praying for me.  It's working! 

First goals: drink more water, wake up earlier, read more, keep house cleaner, walk more.  FIVE THINGS.  Five things that will change my life. 


  1. Drink More Water:  I am getting older and my body doesn't work like it used to.  I need to take better care of it.  I am going to drink more water.  It's a no brainer. 
  2. Wake Up Earlier: One of my daily struggles is that I don't have enough Me Time.  It's a bit narcissistic, but I have found that there are things I have to do alone and in my own space.  Now that Summer Vacation is here... three months that terrorize any unorganized stay at home mom... I am not going to get that much needed time unless I wake up earlier.  There is no other way.
  3. Read More:  We need to convert from a family of TV'ers to a family of Readers.  It needs to be done for my son's sake... he HATES to read.  We bought him books when he was a baby.  We read to him every night.  But it has yet to click that he needs to read for himself, he's 10. Truth is I never cared for reading.  Reading requires too much concentration and I absorb it so deeply that I have to be cautious of where the author is taking me.  A bad experience one summer threw me off reading for years.  It was an Oprah Book Club book.  The story was moving along so nicely with delightful details and insight and then BAM! the girl was raped in the woods by her brother's friend.  I threw the book away right then and there.  What a terrible thing to write about.  I have no tolerance for it; not in life and not as entertainment.  But now I have a bad habit of not reading and I have become an even worse example to our son.  So, I will read more. 
  4. Keep House Cleaner:  In all fairness, my house isn't a science experiment but it isn't necessarily always company ready.  I've been depending on the help of FLY LADY  and it has worked for a while... but now with summer here, it needs to be tweaked... I found a new website Simple Mom. She thinks like me.  Fly Lady was good, but it doesn't stress the Mom Factor enough.  I'm going to try this and I'll let you know.  I already love the way she set up her Daily Docket and I plan to tweak it to my needs and use it. 
  5. Walk More:  I am terrified of exercise but I need it desperately.  I have decided to start with the least invasive approach... walking.  It's one of the first things I learned to do and so I think I will be pretty good at it. 


These are the five things I am going to work on to improve my life.  Say a Prayer, I could use all the help I can get.  (Don't send good thoughts... I think that is a ridiculous thing to say...)


No comments: