Thursday, December 05, 2013

Keeping it Together! A Christmas Binder?!?

Lately I've been checking out other Mom Blogs to see what the competition looks like!  HA!  It's no competition.  I get a few hits here and there and have fewer than 200 friends on facebook... while they have the letter K next to their friend counts and forwards.  I don't mind sharing their good ideas with my facebook friends while they don't know I'm even a "contender."  But one sign that I was still in the Little League of Mom Blogs was a blogger's comment. "Time to get out the Christmas Binder." 

Binder!  Christmas Binder!  All these years I've been keeping good ideas stuck up in my head, and if a good one didn't stick, then it just wasn't meant to be.  I never thought of a binder for Christmas.  I've used a binder filing system to plan my wedding.  I used it to organize the Greek Festival booths.  I've even used it plan out my Senior Thesis- 5 complete outfits designed, patterned, sewn to fit 5 (different) live models who were going to walk down a runway.  But I never thought of a Christmas Binder.  Have I been doing Christmas wrong all these years?

If I were to have a Christmas Binder, it would really have to be a Holiday Binder, because I'd want to include Advent, Thanksgiving, Christmas and maybe even the 12 days up to Theophany.  And Yes!  Christ will still be in this Holiday Binder. 

I suppose my tabs would include:
  • Advent-
    • Calendar,
    • Meals 
    • Activities,
  • Thanksgiving Décor,
  • Christmas Décor,
  • Theophany
    • 12 days of Christmas Calendar
  • Holiday Meals (Main dishes, casseroles, and appetizers,)
  • Gift Ideas (to make),
  • Entertainment
    • Movies, CD's, Books and Lyrics,
  • Address List,
  • Favorite Quotes,
  • Sweetest Memories. 

I might even have to log some of our favorite ornaments and the stories that go with them.  Overboard?  No such thing to a woman who keeps a binder. 

Seriously though, I think I will make a Holiday Binder for myself.  I think I 'll start today... my first Christmas card came in the mail and I have to save the address. 

--------------------------------------------------------------


In retrospect, I'd edit it to: 

Advent-
  • Calendar Activity,
  • Meals (save this for Lenten Meal Planner that already exists.)
  • Activities,
Theophany
  • 12 days of Christmas Calendar
Holiday Meals (Main dishes, casseroles, and appetizers,)
Gift Ideas (to make),
Entertainment
  • Movies, CD's, Books and Lyrics,
Address List,
  • Favorite Quotes,
  • Sweetest Memories. 


    I am also open to suggestions....

    No comments: