Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fixin to Get Ready! Pantry Essentials

The fast is coming for Orthodox Christians.  In case you are looking for a place to start, I thought I'd write a list of what will I have on hand.  I've also already added suggestions from friends.  It may seem like a lot of food, but the trick to a successful fast is to keep a good variety so you don't get burned out on a particular food and lose your enthusiasm. 

CANNED ITEMS
Tomato Sauce
Vegetable Broth
Clam in Sauce
Garbanzo Beans
Crushed Pineapple

DRIED GOODS
Nuts roasted and raw
Herbal Teas
Rice
Various Pastas (so I don't get bored with spaghetti)
Cincinnati Style Chili Spice Pack
Tortilla Chips
Fritos
Peanut Butter
Popcorn
Dry Beans
Old Fashioned Pretzels

FROZEN FAVORITES
Shrimp
BOCA Burgers
Soft Pretzels
Pierogies

GARDEN
Tofu
Fruit and Salad Stuff

FRESHLY CHILLED
Almond, Soy and Coconut Milk (rotate)
Hummus
Tarama Salata

SWEET TREATS
Oreos
Sugar Wafers
Pop Tarts
Thin Mints- If they are still around
Lorna Doones shortbread cookies

Feel free to add a comment if I am missing anything you normally have on hand.  I'd like to know.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I like it all- except Tarama Salata. BLAAAHH. too salty.