Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Holidays, Short Weeks and Deep Thoughts

I love a good three-day-weekend, but its recovery, especially if the day off is a Monday, is a tough hurdle to leap.  Sure we had a relaxing day with friends, but now that it's Tuesday morning, the gears are spinning a bit slow.  Even the strong morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet.  And I am pretty sure I hear my pillow calling my name.

I now have 4 days to get my weekly work done.  Laundry is at the top of the list.  A new recipe post is there too.  But I am finding that there are other things I can't get off my mind. 

I've been thinking about things I am not ready to write about...

  • No one knows what age looks like any more.  With Botox, surgery, dyes and collagen, it's hard to remember.  (A recent view of Sharon Osbourne on TV sparked this theme.) I don't color my hair, but the temptation to look younger is nagging me and Sharon's example is a solid warning. 

  • Kids are given so much direction/protection in an attempt to avoid failure that they don't know how to think for themselves.  The morning and afternoon car lines at school are signs that we are overprotective or our kids are over scheduled... "I can't let my baby ride the bus, he might be bullied and I haven't taught him to protect himself" ... "The bus takes too long and (insert dance, soccer, music, art, martial arts) practice starts at 3:00."   

  • Do I really want baked chicken again?  I need a new crock pot recipe that doesn't need a packet of Lipton Onion Soup or Campbell's Cream of Mushroom.  (must add cornstarch to grocery list.)

  • Which is easier, to get a second job or to spend less?

So much floating around in my head.  Looks like I'll busy myself with laundry today as I sort (pardon the pun) it all out.  At this point it's better to keep busy and too late to go back to bed.  Plus, if we are eating chicken tonight I better run to the store...

Have a great week... it will be over before we know it. 



No comments: