Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today's JAR- just a reminder- It's Okay to be Weary

"How are you?"  I read on FB.  Most people don't really want an answer to that question, but this time I was compelled to answer as honestly as possible.  I was surprised to see that I wrote, "Blessed and weary." 
 
"Blessed and weary" pretty much sums it all up.  Yup, that's me.  Blessed and weary. 
 
.
Then I remembered there was a Bible verse on being weary:  Isaiah 40:31
 
But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
 
 
Makes me think I'm doing it wrong...
 
Makes me think I need to pray more...
 
Makes me think I need to wait on the Lord... How much am I trying to do on my own?  What am I working towards that is wearing me down?  And if it is actually wearing me down, then I don't think I'm doing it right. 
 
But then I looked at the chapter a bit more and expanded my search: Isaiah 40: 27-31
 
Why do you say, O Jacob,
And speak, O Israel:
“My way is hidden from the Lord,
And my just claim is passed over by my God”?
 Have you not known?

Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.

 
 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
 
So now I think it's okay to be a bit weary.  I just have to stop trying to do it all on my own. 
 
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
 
 
And then I remembered another verse somewhere in the Bible:  Proverbs 3:5-6

 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
 
So yes, I am blessed and weary but not alone.  And that's okay.  It's actually where I want to be. 
 

 
 
Looks like it's okay to lean on God... not only okay but preferable. 
 

No comments: