Tuesday, July 09, 2013

A Little Something About Me...



I’ve always wanted to be a photographer but the time never seemed right until my son was born.  Like any respectable new mom I was taking daily pictures of our son and before I knew it, a photographer had emerged.  Eventually I found myself taking pictures of scenic views when we went on walks through the parks and botanical gardens in Denver, Colorado, or on drives through the Rocky Mountains.  As Christmas approached we found a way to offer personalized gifts by making greeting cards with the pictures I took.  Everyone in my family received their own box of cards as a gift and that is how V’s Cardbox began. 
 
 
  
 
 
 

Today, V’s Cardbox offers greeting cards for “name days” and various sacramental occasions including baptisms, weddings, funerals and ordinations.  Printed on heavy cardstock in a local shop, our cards are 4.25” x 5.5” and include an envelope.  Most cards are blank inside so you can personalize them to your needs.  We also offer seasonal cards for Christmas and Pascha and are looking to grow our product line in the coming years. 





 
 


As a way to offer thanksgiving to God for His many blessings we also offer at least 10% to national Orthodox charities including IOCC, OCMC, OCN and more.  Each month we feature a different ministry to support.  

 

You can find our cards in over 30 church bookstores, including the St. Photios Shrine Gift Shop and Image and Likeness.  Our online store can be reached through our website: www.vscarbox.com and you can “like” us on facebook. 
 
I am happy to see how V's Cardbox just kind of came about, that it wasn't forced.  I've recently had the same experience with blogging.  But rest assured, family and friends aren't getting posts written in their honor this Christmas.  They should probably expect another box of cards.  (not really.)
 
 

No comments: