Saturday, November 09, 2013

They Ate with Giants! I Mean They Ate Giants! Giant Lima Bean Caserole.

GIANTS!
Large Lima Bean Casserole


Prepare 1 lb. Large Lima Beans- I like to rapidly boil the beans in PLENTY of water for ten minutes and then cover and let stand for an hour.  I drain the water and rinse the beans well. 
 


 
 
 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Put beans in a large baking dish.




Add:
  • chopped onion (can also add celery)
  • 3 sliced carrots
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1/2 can water or vegetable broth
  • oregano
  • ground pepper
  • 2 t salt
  • 1/2 t sugar


The oregano container had such little bitty holes!  I twisted the top of and seasoned like a Greek!  :)




Bake uncovered for 1 hour.  (I forgot to take a picture of the finished dish. Imagine the beans sitting the deep red sauce.). 



2 comments:

Liz said...

You are not only eating lima beans, but you are posting a recipe with pictures??? You definitely have moved to the South! Actually, they sound pretty good. : )

Vassi said...

Ah ha! I only cook them for my dear husband. I haven' changed so much that I eat them too. :) Not yet at least.